Thank you for your interest in the 2019 Love Bites Reflections Award.
How It Works:
Year 10 Students at eligible high schools are invited to submit entries to the Love Bites Reflections Award. All creative or visual art mediums are acceptable. Stories, poems, dramas, performance pieces, paintings, drawings, advertising, photography, social media campaigns, sculptures, collages or installation art, videos, musical pieces (written and/or performed and recorded) are eligible.
The theme of the submitted piece is “Love Bites Reflections” and should provide insight into the topic of healthy relationships as explored through the Love Bites program (i.e. relationship violence or sexual assault/consent).
The submission does not have to be produced in the Love Bites Creative Workshop Sessions and can be submitted any time during the Term when students participated in the Love Bites program at their school.
Finalists from all schools will have their work included in an end of year exhibition and awards ceremony, at which a judging panel comprising of representatives from Sutherland Shire Family Services and Sharks Football Club will select a winner.
Overall winner will receive a signed Cronulla Sharks Jersey and a Flexi 3 Youth Membership package – the total prize pool is valued at over $500.
Any student from Year 10 that participated in the Love Bites Program in the Sutherland Shire is eligible to submit creative works for consideration.
Terms & Conditions:
- Submissions must be accompanied by an Entry form, which is available from ssfs.org.au/lovebites or can be obtained by emailing email@example.com
- Submissions for the award should be original work created by the artist(s).
- Artworks containing offensive, explicit or pornographic content are not eligible to enter.
- Joint entries are permitted, but the prizes are awarded on an entry basis, not an individual artist basis.
- The entrant gives permission for Sutherland Shire Family Services, Sharks or NAPCAN to use images, photographs, descriptions or video of your submission for any promotional purpose, including promoting the Love Bites program or services of supporting organisations.
- The finalists and winner will agree to participate in media interviews.
The following evaluation criteria will be used for judging the artwork: creativity, interpretation of the theme, originality and quality of art, overall design, demonstration of artistic ability, and usage of medium
2019 Love Bites Reflections – Enter Here
You can submit your entry using the PDF attached here (Love Bites Reflections Award Entry Form PDF), or the online form below: