Sutherland Shire Family Services (SSFS) is an organisation dedicated to and focussed upon providing services that lead to safety and well-being for families in the Sutherland Shire and St.George areas. We bring together a range of services offered by dedicated professionals that help to create brighter futures for children and their families. We aim to support and strengthen the capacity of families within our community, particularly those who have been impacted by disadvantage, violence and trauma. Through providing these services, we contribute to the promotion and maintenance of safety and wellbeing among all family members. Our Head Office is located at Jannali in Sydney’s Southern Suburbs.
Services Provided Include
- Child, youth and family support services
- Sutherland / St.George Aboriginal Family worker project
- Southern Sydney Women’s Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Service
- Domestic Violence Proactive Support Service (DVPASS)
- Djanaba Occasional Child Care Service
- Building Resilience in Children (BRIC) Project
Partner with Families. Facilitate Change. Promote Hope.
The projects and programs of Sutherland Shire Family Services are committed to:
- Improving communication and relationships between family members to create an environment that provides brighter futures for children
- Enhancing families’ capacity to support the growth and development of all family members.
- Responses which aim to reduce the impact of poverty and disadvantage on families
- Practice approaches that recognise the impact of trauma, violence and abuse on child wellbeing.
- Affirming and strengthening families’ social, cultural and racial identities
- Recognising, respecting and promoting the distinctive rights that Indigenous Australians hold as the original peoples of this land.
- Prioritising health and safety of all employees
- Integrity and respect being central to all areas of service delivery.
- Partnerships, co-operation and collaborative arrangements that are aimed at bringing about safety and wellbeing among all family members.
- Accountability, transparency and accessibility.
How do we make a difference in the community?
- Advice and support
- Case management
- Parenting support and education
- Targeted group work programs
- Home visits to provide access to services for families with limited mobility
- Providing timely links and supported referrals to appropriate services